iBlogTV: Police Re-Arrest Nicholas Makolomi Whose Video Led To #EndSARS Protest

Police Re-Arrest Nicholas Makolomi Whose Video Led To #EndSARS Protest

Dec 17, 2020

Police Re-Arrest Nicholas Makolomi Whose Video Led To #EndSARS Protest

The Delta State Police command has re-arrested Nicholas Makolomi, who allegedly made video of SARS shooting a boy in Ugheli, Delta State, which led to the #EndSARS protests across the country.

Makolomi’s consel, Ekenemolise Osifo, raised alarm on Tuesday in Asaba, noting that Federal High Court had ruled against Makolomi initial arrest and detention.

Osifo described his re-arrest as a gross violation of the rule of law.

He said, “Prince Nicholas Makolomi actually recorded an injustice being perpetuated and like what every right thinking Nigerian citizen would do, uploaded it to bring the attention of the public to police brutality.

“Considering the present insecurities and lawlessness in the country, the baseless and unjustified act by the police to cover their inefficiency is an unnecessary distraction and mediocre instead of facing the actual issue and truth is totally disgraceful and unwarranted.

“What aggravated the police to the re-arrest him was the fact that Makolomi brought the attention of the police to another act of unlawful extortion conducted by one SP Sunday Nwaja who requested for N500,000 to grant him soft landing.

“To cover up for their lack of discipline to investigate the extortion issue, the police cunningly withdrew the pending matter from the court and re-arrested him.

“We want his unconditional release and the stoppage of further harassment of Prince Nicholas Makolomi . The police should respect and decision of the Federal High Court ruling in Asaba on November 24, 2020, which declared his earlier arrest and detention illegal.”

Osifo said the victim had been taken to an undisclosed location and not allowed access to his medication being a chronic ulcer and asthmatic patient.

Efforts made by our correspondent to reach the Commissioner of Police in the state , Hafiz Inuwa failed as calls put across to his cell phone were not picked.

But the state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Onome Onovwakpoyeya, said, “That’s what I heard, but I’m not aware, as I speak to you now, I’m in Enugu for PPRO workshop.”

Source:- Punch ng



Copy the link below and Share with your Friends:

Download Our Official Android App on Google Playstore HERE
OR
Download from another source HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment